Thursday, August 13, 2009

SWANS!

The Swans are marching! I know it will be hard to see, but our house sits in between two lakes....When there are no baby swans - which will be called - swanlings from now on -- the swans fly over the house & on one occasion so far has crashed into the back of our house making their "swan dive" into the lake. No kidding....It's like watching a Boeing 747 take off, and as I just said their landings can be kinda iffy! These swans need a LOT of runway. SO, where there are babies (swanlings) they need to walk from lake to lake. I have seen them do this before, but never could get to my camera & today was not so good, but you can get my drift - I think. They come strolling thru our back yard.......

I'm assuming Mama Swan at the back of the bunch, cause she will "really" be taking care of the fam........ and they stroll.......................



And they have to cross a small walking path & then this pic is in the neighbors back yard and they are on the way to the lake. Hopefully you can see that!





Now you can see why I call them "Swanlings". Their Mama & Papa are beautiful. One of the babies as you can see looks like Mama & Papa, but the other three are "Ugly Swanlings"..... I'm assuming they will be beautifully white someday. But they make me smile every time I see them and their fam out for a stroll!!!!!

2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

That's really neat Sue...having a family of 6 swans walking across your backyard...I like the first photo of all of them in a row, but then the last one with dad in front and mom bringing up the rear, I especially like!

Sue said...

Thanks Wanda! They truly do tickle me! I have seen this several times, and the first few could only just watch & run from window to window & then outside to patio to watch... Such a delight!