Friday, August 7, 2009

PEACHES



I love Peaches! Peach cobbler, peach perserves,
peach muffins and Peach PIE!!!! This pie WAS very good! When I was little, my mother used to get a TON of peaches every summer (at least to me it seemed that many)! And along with her, and my grandmother we would peel peaches so that mother could can them! Now any of you who have peeled that many peaches know what I'm about to say, but for those of you who never have this is the scoop :-)
When you peel that many peaches the fuzz from the peaches gets all over your arms - so the longer you peel - the more you itch!!!! So each year when peach season comes around -it gives me the precious memory of those times with my mother and grandmother - which at the time I thought to be cruel and unusual punishment I was receiving and NEVER would have thought it would turn out to be such a memory :-)






2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Canned peaches and dried apples and pickled beans and corn...my mother was always canning,pickling,drying or freezing something...I freeze blackberries, but that's about it.

Your pie looks delicious Sue.

Hope your grandson is doing well.

Wanda

Wanda..... said...

Just saw your comment Sue about Killer Brownies...sounds good to me...I was just putting a cookie recipe on the sidebar that the g/kids love...it's simple too!