Monday, March 23, 2009

Popping Thru

As I have watched the (tulips/daffodils/whatever/) popping thru the soil......I preface that because we moved here in August, so don't know what will happen in Spring.....BUT we did prepare the beds and "built them up" ....trying to clean-up the yard because it had been neglected....AND not knowing what was beneath, all of a sudden these "somethings" are popping and day by day they are shouting.......No amount of mulch will keep me down and I will survive....gotta be women.......In hindsight maybe we should not have done anything until now, but being August, we "thought" it would look nice and never thinking of spring.....and what would happen.........BUT the metamorphasis is amazing and not knowing what is happening is amazing. Daffodils & Tulips are common, but what else is to come??????????? I can hardly wait??????????????????????? I know there is Lavender somewhere!

It has reminded me that Spring is the rebirth.........Christ rose again.......Rebirth......In my life, and I figure in all out there, we all need to rethink our purpose.....and our rebirth. As we watch our "flowers" doing their thing..... we surely can be that and each think that our rebirth is helping someone, adopting a pet, loving a child - not your own - that's too easy (and then again ....NOT) :-) whatever ...... and maybe just giving an extra hug to our kids or our grandkids....who knows..........Sometimes I think about my grandbabies and I think -----"they are cool...loved...OK....no problems" and know what....THEY ARE....but so many ARE NOT....so I pray for them and ask that you do too.............AND these children will "pop" thru also.................and have a new beginning..................

1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

I'm waiting for flowers too Sue...but you have the extra fun of suspence...not knowing just what might be there...I have a soft spot for all children myself...liked your thought of neglected or abused children rebirthing...popping thru to a new spring in their life.