Friday, January 16, 2009

OOOOPS........Foiled Again

Don't tell me not to be sad today :-( Cause I thought
I would be rid of this thing called a "boot". Let me
tell you....IF I was going to be wearing a boot, it wouldn't be this thing in the picture. But after the PT visit, this boot will be with me for a few more weeks. It's like now I have to train my brain to walk again after I have not walked in 8+ weeks...OK NOT in the overall picture that the surgeon outlined for me. IF, and I do mean IF, progress goes WELL, in another 8 weeks from today....YOU HEARD ME.... I should be walking as I would have before this surgery. As Charlie Brown would say..."AAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH" And that's all I have to say about that!!!! BLEEEGGGHHH

6 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I know exactly how you feel, I broke my ankle in 3 places last year. I was in a cast 8 weeks and
then the walking boot, which I hated. I do hope you feel better soon. It's certainly not fun, but you can do it. I started my blog with a picture of my cast.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your boot... I know it must be awful to still be stuck in that thing! :(

Thanks for sending out the email... somehow, your blog didn't transfer over when I switched readers... so I hadn't been getting updates... and I guess I assumed you weren't posting anymore...

So anyway, here's a comment!
Talk to you soon...

Anonymous said...

8 weeks...man, that's really a bummer. Sorry to hear that it's going to be so long - maybe you should take another vacation to Albany. I know 3 boys who would love to see you (boot and all).

Wanda..... said...

Sue- Thanks for your comment. I found your blog through your interests on your profile- Your love of your "Grandchildren" and reading. I also related to your "boot" ordeal! I will return!

Anonymous said...

Ok I'm still trying to get on your blog.

Wanda..... said...

Just thinking of you Sue -I remember how down I was this "exact" time last year with my broken ankle. At least winter makes it slightly easier to endure, but I still remember feeling very low sometimes. Spring does come back and "walking" will too!