Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Very Disappointed

Went to the doctors today and was told that I have three more weeks of non-weight bearing! I will still have fall decorations up in the house the middle of December! The doctor had said "You can have this surgery on Friday and be back to work on Tuesday" - AND he said again today, "Yes, he could see patients, but he wouldn't be able to do surgery on crutches". I wanted to slap him right there. So I did what any respectable woman would do -- I cried! Two tables down there was a woman waiting to see the doctor, and she got up and got me kleenex! What am I going to do without exercise for 5 weeks? Sitting on my butt for 5 weeks sure isn't going to help the cause. Probably a good thing that I am diabetic or I am sure I would be eating bon-bons all day long - No I would go for M&M Peanuts..... And today I know for sure if I had this to do over, I would call a do over! But I also know for sure, that I can't call a do over & I will have to re-find my positive attitude and take one day at a time!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool blog. Don't be like me and give up on it. I am going to have to write monthly letters to family in order to keep them posted. As for your disappointing news....HANG IN THERE. the first few weeks post op are the hardest. OR so they say...SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE NURSE HUH?

WE love ya! think about your babies and that will at least put a smile on your face for a little while.

tammi said...

Bummer. :)

I bet Dad cried too...knowing that he'd have to get up before noon and do all the work around the house for another 3 weeks! LOL :)