Thursday, March 11, 2010

What I did on my trip to Peoria, Illinois

I went on a little trip to Peoria, IL to visit with my son Scott and his family. A two week trip turned into three and 1/2 weeks because of 3 snow storms..... So my DIL Megan made me a little list of "what all I did when I was in Peoria"...Thought I would share along with some pictures.

Had Super Bowl Party - well I didn't - my kids did :-)
Went to church
I went to at least 6 restaurants & also had Scott grilled steaks, chicken, and hamburgers -- all of which were grilled in the snow!
Took Granddog Boomer to the vet.
Took Emily to get her ears pierced for her birthday.
Went to High School basketball games (and then had pizza afterwards) and also Middle School basketball games.
Saw Emily cheerleading at the Middle School BB games
Attended Book Fair & chili supper
Lunch with the girls
Emily's 14th birthday party with sleepover
Lived thru 3 snow storms
Bowling
Cleaned and did laundry
Cooked, baked treats
Helped plan baby shower
Shopped - several stores
Hung out with my sister
Chauffeur for grandkids
Broke turkey wishbone with my son - I lost - he gets his wish!
Saw Phantasm 1 and 2: Horror movies filmed in the 70's (My son's idea)
Stroked the bird (ask my sister )
Laughed, cried, worried
Played rock band - bass guitar & also sang
LONGED for a snickers shake at Culvers (but never had one - my choice) Oh why??????:-)
Pants on the ground (you just had to be there for that one)

AND I did all this in just 3 1/2 weeks!!!!!!

This is a picture of me and Kyle and Emily - before we went to church!

My sister Judy and I playing rock band - this was at the Super Bowl party!


Kyle and his friend Leyna going to a Vice Versa dance!! When did he get old enough to go to a dance????


Emily's 14th birthday sleepover with friends. They decorated their own cupcakes and as you can see it did get a bit carried away and Gramma got "decorated" too!



What a cool picture of the girls!!!!




Emily opening her birthday gifts!!!!! Yes like the rest of the family - she likes Michael Jackson!





My granddog Boomer!!!!





Kyle and Emily after the basketball game!






AND this is Miss Em cheerleading!





Also my son got sick and was home for 2 days - so he and I just hung out! That's where Phantasm came into play! :-)
I'm sure if I stop to think, I'll think of something else, but for now that's it!







2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Hi Sue,

It was nice seeing your post and photo show up on my reader...You are looking very good. So you were in Illinois for the snowstorms, our snow just finished melting a few days ago 13 inches of it. Looks like you had a fun time with your grandkids and sister, I have a sister Judy too!

Really enjoyed all the photos, you look extremely happy in them. You have a nice range of grandkids to enjoy, these older ones and the little ones.

Hope you have a fun healthy spring Sue. ♥....Wanda

Megan Spees said...

Love the pics and the blog. Can't wait to make a list of the things you do at Judy's in May . OR NOT Maybe we can't post what we do. LOL LOL

Great post. I do have adorable kids if I do say so my self. : - )

Love ya,
Megan