Thursday, November 26, 2009

November 26, 2009

This morning I felt so lonely, I didn't think I could get thru this day! My children and grandchildren were not with me, but we were going to my dear, dear friends and so put a smile on and away we went!

Well, it was a WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL day! We decided that just because it was the four of us that we would not just have a couple of things. So we had a big turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, Marilyn's pink stuff, cranberry salad, a wonderful fruit mixture inside a small pumpkin, veggies and dip, wine, coffee, pumpkin pie and cherry pie and rolls! Ok what did I miss? We laughed and shared and laughed some more. We played a card game called "Golf" and laughed some more.

Now we have been friends with Marilyn and Howard for 30+ years. We exchange birthday gifts and Christmas gifts. Well this year we kinda got behind in the birthdays, but decided we would do them today. I opened mine before Marilyn. I read the card (had to control my face) - I opened the gift (had to control my face). I'm thinking Marilyn probably thinks I don't like it. Then Marilyn opened her gift. She opened the card and burst out laughing so hard, she almost fell off the couch ---- she then opened her gift and the laughter continued until tears flowed! You guessed it, we got each other the SAME card and the SAME gift!!!!! PRICELESS!!!!!

I hope you all had as wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving as I did. God bless you all. I am so very thankful for so many things this evening, but the blessings of friendship is truly a blessing.

1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

Amazing! That is the best example of two friends thinking alike that I have heard Sue. Glad you had a Wonderful Thanksgiving!