Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Beautiness of Spring

I know Beautiness is really not a word, but this I know for sure, Spring is a time for Beauty. Also my favorite time of year because of the re newness of life for plants, animal kingdoms, flowers, and should be for all mankind. Also a time for reflection for the long winter we have just endured (can you tell I am in Ohio) and for the wonderfulness of what is ahead. These are a discovery for me, in that having moved here after the Spring, did not experience the explosion of color in God's kaleidoscope, and the other thing, is that I do not know what many of these plants, trees are........Wanda this is where you will come in handy!

I think these are such a beautiful color, but noone knew what they were.


This I call Herman! It was given to me by a man named Herman, and I placed him where he could watch over the patio and the other flowers!


Some beautiful daffodils



They told me this was a purple cherry something or another .... really know am I really showing what little I know........All I REALLY know and for sure of, it was Beau-ti-ful




Loved these little purple flowers, they were just so delicate




This they tell me is a wild rose. AND they do tell me that the probability of it blooming is NILE.... It has grown since this picture, and they are probably right. Why would anyone plant a rose beside a tree. Who knows how it got there, but don't think it will do anything, and that makes me sad :-(



So even tho we are a bit past spring, it seems as tho it has just begun here and I'm loving it.....Before we know it, I'll be posting something about summer, and be complaining about the hot weather that we have waited so long for.
HAPPY SPRING!!!!!










































1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

Nice to hear from you Sue...hope you are enjoying spring...it was a long winter...a friend in Colorado had snow 2 weeks ago...

I remember your post about waiting to see what might come up around your home...the little blue flowers are Grape Hyacinths and the tree may be a Purple Leaf Sand Cherry...

A bird may have dropped a seed and caused the wild rose to come up under the tree...that happens here all the time...when they do bloom...they smell like really sweet lemonade to me...Take care Sue...see you later!