Monday, December 1, 2008

Overwhelmed

My DIL Jen told me she could hear the depression in my posts, so I promised her I would be more upbeat -- thanks for caring Jen :-)

Today is the 1st day of December, and to say the lease I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at Christmas being right around the corner. So I am taking a deep breath and have decided that what gets done, gets done and that that doesn't, just doesn't! Very profound, yes????

I was reading an article in yesterday's Sunday paper which addressed this very issue. I'm thinking God put in there just for me to read. It had lots of good things, and I may share with you all of them, but today the one that struck me was this one.

What to cut on your holiday list:

Anything that isn't meaningful, magical, or memorable. Anything that doesn't bring you or anyone else joy, peace or love.

Now I know we will all try to do that, and then before you know it we will be caught up in the whirlwind. I just thought it was a beautiful statement and wanted to share.

2 comments:

tammi said...

To hear the depression in your posts doesn't necessarily mean that you need to "be upbeat" when you're really NOT. It just means that she could tell - that we can ALL tell - and we're concerned.

Hope today was better than yesterday and that tomorrow is better than today.
And so on.

:)
*hugs*

Jenni said...

Whew!!! I wasn't sure you were going to post again.
Keep taking baby steps to get back on those feet. And as Tammi says make each day better than the last.

Cheers.